Sunday, March 4, 2007

Kelis arrested for disorderly conduct

It's tough to be a female R&B star this year. Following the arrest a few weeks ago of Foxy Brown, Kelis Rogers-Jones has been picked up for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in South Beach, Florida. AllHipHop.com reports that Kelis, the 27 year-old from Harlem, was yelling profanities and charging at local police who were trying to take part in an investigation and prostitution sting.

The site reports that Kelis received several warnings from police, but she didn't stop and was arrested and taken to Dade County Jail for processing. Monster and Critics reports that she was released a few hours later on $1,500 bond. That site reports that Kelis was yelling at two female officers who were undercover as prostitutes and that she screamed racial profanities before rushing them.

Kelis was on the main avenue of the South Beach nightclub district on Thursday night when the situation happened. M&C even reports that a member of Kelis' entourage had to hold the singer back from attacking the officers. The Associated Press reports that the incident took place in the 1400 block of Collins Avenue and that the Miami Beach Police Department did not immediately return calls. The cops went out trying to bust prostitutes and johns and ended up arresting the woman who sang "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard."

Kelis is married to rap star Nas (real name Nasir Jones) and is currently the spokesperson for the 2007 Ford Edge. Kelis recorded the theme song for the car - "Push It To The Edge - and is sen in the commercials. She has also been working on her own jewelry line called Cake and has worked with Ashanti to design shoes for a new line called KeShany Heels. Kelis Was Here, was the fourth and last album from Kelis and came out in August of last year to mixed reviews (but a pretty catchy single called "Bossy") and a top position of number ten on the Billboard 200. Kelis is probably most well-known for "Milkshake" from 2003.

MTV reports that Kelis is also working her own cookbook to be released this year, to go along with all of her other fashion ventures. She told the network - "Fashion is a big part of my life, so I'm sticking by that, really. I got a million and one ideas. And I'm always approached by designers and people about stuff. I actually designed items for my first video and my second ['Bossy' and 'Blindfold Me']. So it just made sense. It's actually really second nature to me. It hasn't been a far stretch. I have the ideas, and then [the process] is just like with the music industry. You have to have the vision, and then you have to have someone willing to release your vision."

What can fans expect from a Kelis cookbook? Once again, from MTV, "I have to say, actually, I'm good. 'Cause I don't really have a special dish. I can pretty much make anything. Even if I go to a restaurant and taste something, I'll go, 'Oh, I can make this,' and I'll just throw my own stuff into it. I don't really do stuff that I'm not good at. So I wouldn't say, 'Hey, let me do your taxes,' and then you'll be angry with me. But if I say, 'Let me make you something to eat,' then that I can definitely do."

Source

No comments: