Saturday, March 24, 2007

Priyanka's special gift for her brother

Priyanka Chopra's younger brother Siddharth is probably the happiest kid in Mumbai now. His indulgent star-sister has got him the most precious gift of his life - a T-shirt signed by the entire Indian cricket team.

Recalling the episode Priyanka told IANS: "I was on my way to London on a British Airways flight. My brother Siddharth was with me - he comes to see me off every time I leave Mumbai. At the airport he nearly swooned when he spotted the entire Indian cricket team. He went ballistic. 'Didi, get them to sign my T-shirt and I'll be your slave for life.'

"I was embarrassed and horrified. How could I just go ahead and ask them to sign my brother's T-shirt? But Siddharth insisted. Then I wondered which T-shirt he wanted the team to sign since he obviously hadn't brought an extra T-shirt to the airport. To my horror, Siddharth took off the one he was wearing and gave it to me."

On flight, Priyanka hesitantly sent over a message to the team with her 17-year-old brother's request.

"I'd have loved to meet them personally and make the request on my brother's behalf. But it was a night flight and I was in the executive class while they were in business. So I just sent over the request. They happily and graciously agreed. I came out of the flight with every member of the team's signature on my brother's T-shirt."

Priyanka's demeanour lights up. "Now my brother guards the T-shirt as though his life depends on it. Of course he didn't remember his promise to be my slave for a year. The little brat!"

The year ahead is looking swell for Priyanka.

"I'll have quite a few releases this year. 'Love Story 2050' and 'Drona' will probably come one after the other at the year-end. Then I've the comedy 'God Tussi Great Ho' with Salman Khan and Amitabh Bachchan."

No comments: