Monday, April 30, 2007

Kangana: Catfight with Celina Jaitley!

Were Kangana and Celina at loggerheads during the making of Shaka Laka Boom Boom?

Suneel Darshan has made it rather obvious in his press interviews that the two ladies couldn't see eye to eye. But according to a source, "Celina hardly has a role to equal Kangana's.

She's at the most a supporting actress. So I don't know why Suneel and Upen Patel speak of her as one of the two female leads…It could be because Kangana has her own head and uses it.

Many times she refused to comply with her director's dictates leading to arguments both off and on screen. But Kangana isn't one to take orders blindly from anyone."

Kangana, just back from Malaysia after an awards function has another story to tell. "I wouldn't like to comment on the length of Celina's role, and mine. The film is being released and everyone will see for themselves what the truth is.

And I don't know why it's being made out that Celina and I have been fighting with each other. The fact is, we got along very well. We even did a promotional video together for Shaka Laka Boom.

Since we both live in Versova Celina has invited me home. I haven't been able to take up her offer because of my crazy schedules. In fact I came back from Malaysia and hardly had time to recover."

Protesting against her reputation of being rapacious on the sets and refuting Suneel Darshan's statement that two heroines can never get along Kangana shrugs, "I don't agree at all. I've had a ball shooting with Shilpa Shetty in Metro.

She has become an international star. But she has no airs. She treats me like her little sister. One morning I was waiting groggy-eyed at the airport for my flight when someone suddenly grabbed me affectionately from the back. It was Shilpa!"

Pausing in pleasurable recollection Kangana asserts, "I've no problems with anyone, not even Shiney Ahuja and Upen Patel, as reported. If they've a problem with me what can I do about it? Upen and I aren't friends.

But I found him to be a harmless guy during Shaka Laka Boom Boom. And he's so eager to learn. He knows his Hindi needs improvement. And he's always be open to suggestions."

The one aspect of Shaka Laka Boom Boom that Kangana finds remarkable is that it finally allows her to be relaxed.

"After doing two author-backed stressful dark characters in Gangster and Woh Lamhe I'm just relaxed in Shaka Laka…It's a relief that I don't have to shoulder the entire responsibility. I want to do films that allow me to just be part of a fun set-up."

In real life Kangana has much to be excited about. Her sister Rangoli, just out of an acid-attack trauma, has moved to Mumbai and has taken up a regular job.

"We both leave in the morning and meet up in the evening. After that I've no time for cat fights and parties. And certainly no time for a boyfriend and other distractions. I'm happy in life. Why do I need to mess it up with a relationship?"

No comments: