Sunday, May 20, 2007

Beyoncé Knowles’ perfume pride

Beyoncé Knowles is proud to be the only black woman with her own perfume.

The 25-year-old singer-and-actress feels she has led the way for many other African-American stars and is proud of her achievements.

Beyoncé told Cosmopolitan magazine: "I feel blessed that I’m the first black woman to do a lot of things - I have my own fragrance, for one.

"I’ve been in magazines that don’t usually have African-American women on the cover.

"I have all these endorsements and this worldwide success - it’s great to be recognised for more than my colour."

The former ‘Destiny’s Child’ singer revealed she looked up to singer Whitney Houston when she was a child - and was overcome with emotion when she met her for the first time.

She said: "I had pictures of Whitney Houston pinned up inside my wardrobe when I was a kid.

"I once queued for her autograph and remember getting home and crying with the emotion of it all."

No comments: