Sunday, May 20, 2007

I hate men who bare their chest

Kangana Ranaut has made up her mind. "I'm going to get married at the age of 26. So I've a good six years to find Mr Right. He should be gentle and well-mannered. He should be real and not a mannequin.

He has to be a white-collar professional like a doctor or a lecturer with a steady income. He should be intelligent but not showily handsome. I don't like men who flaunt their sexuality and let their muscles hang out all over the place.

To me machismo is about you hide, not show. I prefer a guy in a formal suit, not in a sleeveless teeshirt. And I hate men who bare their chest at the drop of a hat. Applications are most welcome…."

She bursts into laughter. "My character in Metro finds happiness…finally. So far all my love stories on screen have ended in tragedy. And in all my films so far including Metro I've two men in my life. I'm first in love with one man, and then another man comes in my life. I hope I find at least one man to love me in real life."

Then her mood changes. Kangana is incensed. "I don't know who's spreading these rumours about me and KK in Metro. There's no torrid love scene. I wish there was. But there isn't. Why would I hide it?

I had love-making scenes in Gangster and WohLamhe and I admitted to them. So why should I hide a love scene if I had one in Metro. I'll happily make love to the camera if the script demands it. But I don't want people to go to the film with the wrong impression…I'm paired with both KK and Sharman Joshi.

I regret I don't have scenes with Shilpa and Irrfan. I truly admire Irrfan as an actor. But hey, KK is no less! I learnt so much from me. He taught me to bring out the nuances of my emotions. He'd explain things so patiently to me. He gave me a formula to do emotional scenes that I'll never forget."

She warms up as she talks of her bonding with Konkona. "We're best friends in the film. And I felt genuinely warm vibes with her. Thank God for that. Otherwise my discomfort would show on screen. If I have to do an emotional scene I start breaking things from early morning.

I can't do an emotional scene if I'm in a good mood. But Konkona just goes in front of the camera to give a perfect shot. I don't know what Konkona really thought of me. But I'd like to believe she likes me a lot."

Though her last film Shaka Laka Boom didn't work Kangana is unfazed. "Luckily most of my films have worked for me. And it doesn't matter how Metro works at the boxoffice. For me it already works as a story. The characters are part of the plot. All the performances support the screenplay and characters."

She pauses and then throws a challenge. "Do you know what makes Metro so special? Because I had so many talented co-stars to support me. Also I was very relaxed doing Metro. In Gangster and specially in WohLamhe I was playing such traumatized characters I was constantly breathless and hysterical. I went through these films with cramps in my stomach."

Kangana has just signed a new film. "I'm sorry to say I don't like the scripts that I hear every day. The minute I heard Samir Karnik's Roshan I wanted to do it."

She's all for Anurag Basu. "He has taught me everything about acting. He can get any emotion out of me. I want to do more films with him. He was planning another film with me about a girl's life-journey. But we got stuck with the climax."

No comments: