Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rihanna Loves Being Bad

She’s sold over 5 million albums and released five #1 singles, and now 19-year-old Rihanna is talking about her decision to ditch her nice girl image, instead indulging in her inner “bad girl.”

Her new album, Good Girl Gone Bad, is doing extremely well. And it’s success could be attributed to a change in the R&B singer’s demeanor. “This record (Good Girl Gone Bad), I basically took the attitude of the bad girl and I really got rebellious and just did everything the way I wanted to do it,” Rihanna told press.

"A bad girl, it’s all about the attitude that you take toward things,” she says. “I’m not being careful, I’m just having fun. I’m taking risks because bad girls take risks.”

And for the new album, Rihanna boasts some pretty big names who helped her make it the success that it is. “It’s just an honor to work with Justin. He’s a fun guy, a great artist and a very talented person. Jay-Z, he is such a perfectionist. That’s what I love about working with him. ... Everything has to be done in the most perfect way possible. Timbaland, he just has so much fun with his creativity. I really was shocked to see how he and Justin Timberlake could be in a studio making great music, but having fun at the same time.”

If you haven’t checked out the new album yet, hop over to iTunes and give it a listen. It’s sure to get you movin!

No comments: