Monday, July 2, 2007

Everything is clear to me now: Bips

Bipasha can suddenly see the world much better.

"All these years I've avoided hosting any show or any event for the simple reason that I can't read the tele-prompter. I'm short-sighted. But now history beckons me. And if I don't correct my vision now history and my conscience would never forgive me."

Having been given the singular honour of hosting the official -declaration ceremony for the New 7 Wonders Of The World in Lisbon on July 7, Bipasha has finally taken the plunge.

"I've got myself contact lenses this week--at the age of 28, if you please! All these years I stubbornly avoided it and risked losing friends after looking through them in public. But now when I was given the great privilege of hosting the event at Lisbon along with the likes of Ben Kingsley and Hillary Swank.

Jennifer Lopez will be performing…wow! I'd be foolish to not correct my eyesight. I can see everything so much clearly now…"

Including the fact that hosting the 7 Wonders declaration -ceremony is a historic honour for her, Bollywood and the country?

"That, it is!" Bipasha exclaims. "I don't know what made them choose me, maybe it was my appearance at Cannes last month. But I suddenly got a call from them. I'm deeply honoured and flattered. This is the first time since 200 BC that the 7 Wonders are being reconsidered. To be part of this is to be part of history. And I wouldn't have missed it for anything in world, certainly not for being stubbornly short-sighted."

Bipasha feels born-anew when she finally tried on her contact lenses. "I hope that doesn't mean my birthday will be celebrated thrice a year. My birthday is on Jan 7. But many websites have given the date wrongly as sometime in May. So I receive gifts and calls twice a year. Now with my new vision of life I may also receive birthday greetings on June 20 every year."

Hearty laughter and a promise to be dressed up for the occasion by her favourite designers, follows. "It would be my dear friend Rocky S for the Indian outfit, and that's a saree. Armani will do my western outfit, and destiny will take care of the rest," Bipasha shoots off before starting preparations for an event that promises to change the world, including Bipasha's.

She certainly looks gorgeous enough to be the 8th wonder of the world. "Ha, don't compliment me for my changing looks so soon. I'm a Capricorn and change is my only constant. It's said woman metamorphose and reach a peak of their beauty till 30. I still have two years to go."

No comments: