Sunday, March 4, 2007

Ayesha bags Vishal's film on HIV/Aids

Omkara director Vishal Bhardwaj is all set to direct his next film, a short, 13-minute feature on HIV/Aids and will be featureing Ayesha Takia and South actor Siddharth (Karan of Rang De Basanti) in a jugalbandi of medicine and human emotions.

Says Ayesha, “It’s a pleasure to work with someone like Vishal Bhardwaj, and on such a relevant subject. I honestly feel actors need to stretch themselves beyond entertainment after a point. I’d like to believe that Vishal’s film will be a learning experience for me, and it would also make audiences think. Vishal’s film says HIV isn’t necessarily the end of life.”

Ayesha has already worked with Vishal in his capacity as producer of Anurag Kashyap’s No Smoking. “Working with Vishal as a director is different and will be a fantastic experience.

I’ve seen what he can do with his actors. Maqbool and Omkara are brilliant films,” she says.

I think he was fabulous in Rang De Basanti. Dor has worked a similar magic for my career. It has opened up so many doors for me. I don’t think I’d have landed Vishal’s film if it wasn’t for Dor.”

Source

No comments: