Sunday, March 4, 2007

Washington acted like a gorilla as ape attacked

RAY star Kerry Washington had to use her acting skills to save her life when she came face to face with an angry gorilla in Uganda.

The actress went on a gorilla safari during a day off from shooting THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND, in which she plays African tyrant IDI AMIN's wife KAY - but never imagined she'd get so close to a wild ape.

Washington took special lessons before her eight-hour trip into the jungle, so she'd be prepared if a gorilla attacked her - but when she actually came face to face with one of the beasts, she relied on her acting skills and became a gorilla herself.

She explains, "You're supposed to keep your distance but all of a sudden this female gorilla starts climbing down the tree and there wasn't anywhere for us to back up.

"She stopped and stared at me and it was like I was back in acting school. I became a gorilla. I was chewing leaves and scratching my armpit. I was so excited to have this opportunity to do the old acting class zoo exercise.

"She and I were totally into it for 10 minutes, hanging out and being gorillas."

No comments: